Golden Flower teaches the practice of Chi Gong for internal energy development and cultivating radiant health.
What is Chi Gong?
Chi Gong, or Qigong (pronounced chee-gong), is an exercise and healing technique developed in China more than 4,000 years ago. Certain slow movements seen in Chi Gong look similar to Tai Chi and the two practices are closely related.
Of all the exercises related to the practice of Tai Chi Chuan, the most basic, and one of the most challenging, is Chi Gong. The science of Chi Gong has come through thousands of years of development in Chinese Taoist natural studies, medicine, meditation and martial arts. “Chi Gong” means internal energy work and is the foundational “grounding” process for Tai Chi. “Grounding” refers to the process of relaxing tensions that disconnect the body, such as chronic tension in the shoulders, upper back, and neck.
With Chi Gong you can discover real power by standing on your own feet and burning through the tension, stresses, and distractions of modern life.
For the beginner to intermediate student, the benefits of practicing Chi Gong will be seen in a relatively short time. You’ll experience increased energy, greater physical balance, increased strength and stamina, more happiness, stability, self-confidence, and far greater clarity of mind. Your resistance to disease, environmental stress and foul weather conditions will also begin to improve. Years of tension will gradually melt away as Chi Gong softens your energies.
Positive Benefits Increase Over Time
As one steadily practices Chi Gong, benefits continue to deepen and expand. The more highly developed practitioners often display seemingly super-human powers of strength and endurance. And all practitioners develop:
- patience and calmness;
- a relaxed state of body and mind;
- excellent health and vitality;
- greater resistance to stress and disease;
- youthfulness and resistance to aging;
- an enhanced ability to learn;
- balance in eating, sleeping and other natural functions;
- the ability to easily fall asleep and sleep deeply;
- the ability to stay awake and concentrate;
- a natural sense of balance in all activities;
- more energy in general and less pain;
- much greater endurance for work and play;
- a naturally meditative state of mind;
- clearer thinking; more power as an individual;
- a natural sense of self-preservation;
- greater sensitivity and clearer senses;
- revitalized sexual energy;
- an emotionally positive outlook;
- a pleasant disposition;
- natural psychological balance; and
- concentration in mind and spirit.
Standing Chi Gong is one of the most powerful practices taught at Golden Flower. Standing for even short periods of time every morning will bring you remarkable results.